Not only are new jobs created, small businesses fill niches for customers that some large corporations can’t or don’t try to reach. Take for example a coffee shop. For some, this is a locus for tapping keyboards and getting a quick fix. For others, it’s about the people, atmosphere, and quality coffee with long titles grown in foreign lands. Everyone has a certain niche they want filled. Big conglomerates like Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts build an empire around the “pour and go” people of working America. Based on data by Statistic Brain, that’s only about 34% of all coffee drinkers in America! What about the rest of us? This is where small businesses take advantage of markets that need coverage. And, they do this with content marketing. Here are some reasons why content marketing is a great way to blossom a small business:
- Boost brand awareness. Many small coffee shops brand themselves into a certain niche and do so by branding themselves on social media.
- Answer possible questions in a blog. Many consumers are hesitant about spending money. Give them a list of answered questions through a blog post and make yourself an expert in your niche.
- Build trust with your customers. Providing content that educates rather than promotes will make you appear helpful and interested in the customers well-being, rather than upfront and money-hungry.
- Bring people to the door. Think about the networks of people your clientele can reach. If they like your business and content, they might share it with their friends.
- Entertain to retain. Just have fun and keep the customer and your niche in mind. Remarkable content will drive customers to come back for another sip, and even bring up some of your content!
Content marketing is the wave of the future. With the continuous expansion of social media and newer ways to reach consumers, it’s the perfect companion to your cup of coffee.